How much time are you currently spending in front of a mirror every single day? Maybe you’d rather spend your morning blissfully sipping a cup of your favorite coffee instead of being occupied with your makeup routine. After all, if you’re going to be real, there’s simply not enough time in the world to take care of everything that needs to be done.
So if you’re short on time, like probably most of us are, some makeup hacks and time-saving techniques can go a long way when it comes to cutting down on your beauty routine. And yes, you’d still look super gorgeous and not in a rush, even if you can’t devote more than a few minutes to applying makeup! Ready?
- Got no time for highlighting and contouring? Fret not! Make your best features pop by using a technique called strobing, which involves just a highlighter, but will leave you glowing and looking fabulous. Apply the highlighter on your cheekbones, brow bones, cupid’s brow, and the center of your nose. Voila! You will fall in love with the results!
- Tired of having to deal with skin imperfections on a daily basis? Hide redness, pigmentation and other discolorations with a correcting kit. Yellow will camouflage the discolorations that plague the skin, and purple will effectively counteract dullness. You may neutralize redness with green too. And if you have dark circles, peach should be your color of choice.
- Woke up with eye bags? Easy-peasy! A great concealer will hide any blemishes, but it can also be used to disguise your under-eye bags and give you a boost of confidence in a breeze! All you have to do is apply the concealer in upside-down triangles under the eyes.
- Use eyebrow pencil for shape and definition! While an eyebrow pencil may seem like more work, it’s actually much faster to use. If you can’t spare half an hour to neatly and tidily pluck your brow line, the pencil will provide the shape and definition you need to pull your look together. It’s definitely a makeup basic essential!
- Invest in combo products. Think of a classic cheek color that you can pop not only on the cheeks, but also on the lips. Fuchsia, for example, works wonders on anyone. Whether your skin tone is pale or darker, it flawlessly brightens the face.
- Tinted Moisturizer will elevate your makeup game…dramatically. Recommended by some of the most reputable celebrity makeup artists in the industry, a tinted moisturizer will add a warmer glaze that makes your skin appear much better in an instant. Try a tint that’s slightly darker than your skin tone, and you won’t even need to apply foundation on your face! And since most tinted moisturizes come with SPF protection, you may skip wearing sunscreen too.
Begin to slay the day when you apply these proven beauty tricks and techniques. No one can ever guess that you got ready while in a rush, because your makeup will never look sloppy or hastily applied.